Feb 24, 2011, 8:44 AM EDT
This is … strange.
There’s a giant billboard of Derek Jeter on the side of a building in Manhattan. It’s for Gillette. Every day it changes, running in a three-day cycle: first he has stubble, then he has shaving cream on and then he’s clean shaven. The New York Times has the pics.
I think the weirdest part of it is that it looks more like Nomar Garciaparra than it does Jeter, but maybe I’m imagining things.
And actually, if you’re looking for strange images of Derek Jeter, you’re not going to get any stranger than this. No, I won’t tell you what it is beforehand. You have to experience it for yourself. And yes, it’s safe for work, even if it will give you nightmares for the rest of your days.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 50
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 27
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)