Wanna watch Derek Jeter get shaved on the side of a building?

Feb 24, 2011, 8:44 AM EDT

New York Yankees v Texas Rangers, Game 6 Getty Images

This is … strange.

There’s a giant billboard of Derek Jeter on the side of a building  in Manhattan. It’s for Gillette. Every day it changes, running in a three-day cycle: first he has stubble, then he has shaving cream on and then he’s clean shaven.  The New York Times has the pics.

I think the weirdest part of it is that it looks more like Nomar Garciaparra than it does Jeter, but maybe I’m imagining things.

And actually, if you’re looking for strange images of Derek Jeter, you’re not going to get any stranger than this.  No, I won’t tell you what it is beforehand. You have to experience it for yourself. And yes, it’s safe for work, even if it will give you nightmares for the rest of your days.

1. hankg42 - Feb 24, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Sorry, Craig, but it must be a REALLY slow news day…

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Feb 24, 2011 at 9:30 AM

At 8:44am EST the only not slow news is in the mid-east.

2. kinggeorge96 - Feb 24, 2011 at 9:23 AM

That second link was quite scary… erie in a way.

Any Yankee fans out there wanna chime in on this… Is it me, or does that picture look like Robinson Cano??? A hair on the lighter side, but uncanny none the less!

Does this mean that RC is the love child of Jeter and A-Rod?

Weird…….

• kinggeorge96 - Feb 24, 2011 at 9:25 AM

The pic is also “eerie” as well… since I seem to have compared him in my above comment to either a lake or town in PA…..

3. yankeesfanlen - Feb 24, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Leave half ARod alone!

4. cur68 - Feb 24, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Jeez. I didn’t need to see that. The happy love child of A-Rod and Jeter is a repellant beast yet strangely compelling. I wonder if his douchiness is halfway between them as well?

5. phukyouk - Feb 24, 2011 at 11:07 AM

OK now do a cross between Minka Kelly and Cameron Diaz and Kate Hudson and that stripper from Toronto

6. nelsonsaint - Feb 24, 2011 at 2:14 PM

i think the captain looks more like eminem in that last photo…

Bo Porter just first casualty around MLB