Feb 25, 2011, 11:40 AM EST
Adrian Beltre‘s stained calf was initially believed to be a minor malady, but now Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that he’ll miss 10-14 days with what has been classified as a Grade 1 strain.
He’s been shut down from all baseball activities until at least next week and will miss the first batch of exhibition games, but the good news is that an MRI exam showed no major structural damage and, according to Durrett, “the club does not expect this to hinder his ability to be ready for Opening Day.”
Michael Young is currently away from Rangers camp for a few days because of a personal issue, but he should be in line for plenty of reps at third base once he returns and … well, based on all the drama surrounding Young and the Rangers that should be fun.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 73
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)