Feb 25, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
Adrian Beltre‘s stained calf was initially believed to be a minor malady, but now Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that he’ll miss 10-14 days with what has been classified as a Grade 1 strain.
He’s been shut down from all baseball activities until at least next week and will miss the first batch of exhibition games, but the good news is that an MRI exam showed no major structural damage and, according to Durrett, “the club does not expect this to hinder his ability to be ready for Opening Day.”
Michael Young is currently away from Rangers camp for a few days because of a personal issue, but he should be in line for plenty of reps at third base once he returns and … well, based on all the drama surrounding Young and the Rangers that should be fun.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17