Feb 25, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
Adrian Beltre‘s stained calf was initially believed to be a minor malady, but now Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that he’ll miss 10-14 days with what has been classified as a Grade 1 strain.
He’s been shut down from all baseball activities until at least next week and will miss the first batch of exhibition games, but the good news is that an MRI exam showed no major structural damage and, according to Durrett, “the club does not expect this to hinder his ability to be ready for Opening Day.”
Michael Young is currently away from Rangers camp for a few days because of a personal issue, but he should be in line for plenty of reps at third base once he returns and … well, based on all the drama surrounding Young and the Rangers that should be fun.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris