Feb 25, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
Adrian Beltre‘s stained calf was initially believed to be a minor malady, but now Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reports that he’ll miss 10-14 days with what has been classified as a Grade 1 strain.
He’s been shut down from all baseball activities until at least next week and will miss the first batch of exhibition games, but the good news is that an MRI exam showed no major structural damage and, according to Durrett, “the club does not expect this to hinder his ability to be ready for Opening Day.”
Michael Young is currently away from Rangers camp for a few days because of a personal issue, but he should be in line for plenty of reps at third base once he returns and … well, based on all the drama surrounding Young and the Rangers that should be fun.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 136
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (137)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)