Feb 26, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com reported yesterday that Adrian Beltre was going to miss 10-14 days with a Grade 1 strain of his right calf, but Jon Heyman of SI.com hears that timetable is “a tad optimistic.“
According to Heyman, Beltre could miss as much as a month with the injury. Durrett wrote yesterday that “the club does not expect this to hinder his ability to be ready for Opening Day,” but Heyman’s estimate would be cutting things pretty close. The Rangers are scheduled to kick off the season on Friday, April 1 against the Red Sox.
You might remember that Jimmy Rollins had consecutive month-long stints on the disabled list last season with a Grade 2 strain of his right calf. No two players are the same, of course, but the Rangers may give Beltre extra time so that he doesn’t immediately aggravate the injury.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)