Feb 26, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Discouraging news out of Orioles’ camp.
“We’re going to give him 48 hours and see where he is,” said president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail.
Of course, Duchscherer is working his way back from season-ending surgery on his left hip and has already underwent two procedures on his right hip, so there’s plenty of cause for concern. The Orioles and Duchscherer agreed to a one-year contract earlier this month that includes $700,000 in guaranteed salary.
Duchscherer made plenty of sense for a team like the Orioles with such modest contract terms, but he’s already showing why he’s a poor bet to make it through a full season.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)