Feb 26, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Discouraging news out of Orioles’ camp.
“We’re going to give him 48 hours and see where he is,” said president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail.
Of course, Duchscherer is working his way back from season-ending surgery on his left hip and has already underwent two procedures on his right hip, so there’s plenty of cause for concern. The Orioles and Duchscherer agreed to a one-year contract earlier this month that includes $700,000 in guaranteed salary.
Duchscherer made plenty of sense for a team like the Orioles with such modest contract terms, but he’s already showing why he’s a poor bet to make it through a full season.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 44
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 42
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 26
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)