Feb 26, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
Discouraging news out of Orioles’ camp.
“We’re going to give him 48 hours and see where he is,” said president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail.
Of course, Duchscherer is working his way back from season-ending surgery on his left hip and has already underwent two procedures on his right hip, so there’s plenty of cause for concern. The Orioles and Duchscherer agreed to a one-year contract earlier this month that includes $700,000 in guaranteed salary.
Duchscherer made plenty of sense for a team like the Orioles with such modest contract terms, but he’s already showing why he’s a poor bet to make it through a full season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)