Feb 26, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
Discouraging news out of Orioles’ camp.
“We’re going to give him 48 hours and see where he is,” said president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail.
Of course, Duchscherer is working his way back from season-ending surgery on his left hip and has already underwent two procedures on his right hip, so there’s plenty of cause for concern. The Orioles and Duchscherer agreed to a one-year contract earlier this month that includes $700,000 in guaranteed salary.
Duchscherer made plenty of sense for a team like the Orioles with such modest contract terms, but he’s already showing why he’s a poor bet to make it through a full season.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 0
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)