Feb 26, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
Discouraging news out of Orioles’ camp.
“We’re going to give him 48 hours and see where he is,” said president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail.
Of course, Duchscherer is working his way back from season-ending surgery on his left hip and has already underwent two procedures on his right hip, so there’s plenty of cause for concern. The Orioles and Duchscherer agreed to a one-year contract earlier this month that includes $700,000 in guaranteed salary.
Duchscherer made plenty of sense for a team like the Orioles with such modest contract terms, but he’s already showing why he’s a poor bet to make it through a full season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 23
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 30
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)