Feb 26, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
I noticed when the Dodgers showed up here at Tempe Diablo Stadium today that they got off a bus in the parking lot behind the wall in right and walked across the field to their clubhouse on the third base line. No back entrance or anything fancy like that.
It makes sense, then, that if a few of the Dodgers wanted to leave while the game was still going on, they’d need to take a different route back to the parking lot. It just hadn’t occurred to me that the route would be right down the damn concourse:
Thank goodness I was down near the refreshment stands conducting research when they happened by.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)