Feb 27, 2011, 8:32 AM EDT
I awake to light rain and slightly cool temperatures this morning. Yesterday, multiple people Phoenix residents apologized to me in advance for this weather, trying to explain it away as though it were some personal failing. Many locals are having the “will we get the game in?” conversation that most of us have when violent weather systems pass through at game time. For a day with this forecast:
Gee, I hope I survive.
But don’t worry about me. I’ll try to tough it out. After all, today I’m going to Goodyear to see the Indians and the Reds, and that’s coverage that has to happen, my friends, because I can think of nothing more fun than an Ohio writer taunting people back in Ohio by texting and tweeting them pictures of Ohio-based ballplayers frolicking in the desert.
Even if there’s a threat of sub-60 temperatures and a chance of torrential cloudiness.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)