Feb 27, 2011, 8:32 AM EDT
I awake to light rain and slightly cool temperatures this morning. Yesterday, multiple people Phoenix residents apologized to me in advance for this weather, trying to explain it away as though it were some personal failing. Many locals are having the “will we get the game in?” conversation that most of us have when violent weather systems pass through at game time. For a day with this forecast:
Gee, I hope I survive.
But don’t worry about me. I’ll try to tough it out. After all, today I’m going to Goodyear to see the Indians and the Reds, and that’s coverage that has to happen, my friends, because I can think of nothing more fun than an Ohio writer taunting people back in Ohio by texting and tweeting them pictures of Ohio-based ballplayers frolicking in the desert.
Even if there’s a threat of sub-60 temperatures and a chance of torrential cloudiness.
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 26
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)