Feb 27, 2011, 8:32 AM EDT
I awake to light rain and slightly cool temperatures this morning. Yesterday, multiple people Phoenix residents apologized to me in advance for this weather, trying to explain it away as though it were some personal failing. Many locals are having the “will we get the game in?” conversation that most of us have when violent weather systems pass through at game time. For a day with this forecast:
Gee, I hope I survive.
But don’t worry about me. I’ll try to tough it out. After all, today I’m going to Goodyear to see the Indians and the Reds, and that’s coverage that has to happen, my friends, because I can think of nothing more fun than an Ohio writer taunting people back in Ohio by texting and tweeting them pictures of Ohio-based ballplayers frolicking in the desert.
Even if there’s a threat of sub-60 temperatures and a chance of torrential cloudiness.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)