Feb 28, 2011, 8:22 AM EDT
Bobby Valentine wants to buy into the Mets’ ownership group? Wow, Stamford, Connecticut must really overpay their civil servants:
Valentine has spoken with serious financial backers about lining up a bid to buy at least a portion of the Mets, a baseball official told ESPNNewYork.com.
“I’’ve talked to a number of people interested in purchasing part of the New York Mets, but I’’m not formally with any group that is actively pursuing this venture,” Valentine said Sunday night.
We talked a couple of weeks ago about famous investors. While a baseball man, I think Valentine fits into the MLK III/Donald Trump category, not the serious investor category, so members of Valentine Nation shouldn’t hold their breath.
Now, Wally Backman! There’s a guy to keep your eye on …
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming