Feb 28, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Bryce Harper made his spring training debut today, coming off the bench against the Mets, and … well, it wasn’t pretty for the 18-year-old No. 1 overall pick.
In his first at-bat Harper struck out on three pitches against left-hander Taylor Tankersley and in his second at-bat he whiffed on four pitches against right-hander Ryota Igarashi.
Seven pitches. Two strikeouts. And absolutely zero impact on his long-term status.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 0
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 67
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 58
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)