Feb 28, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Bryce Harper made his spring training debut today, coming off the bench against the Mets, and … well, it wasn’t pretty for the 18-year-old No. 1 overall pick.
In his first at-bat Harper struck out on three pitches against left-hander Taylor Tankersley and in his second at-bat he whiffed on four pitches against right-hander Ryota Igarashi.
Seven pitches. Two strikeouts. And absolutely zero impact on his long-term status.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 16
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 79
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful