Feb 28, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Bryce Harper made his spring training debut today, coming off the bench against the Mets, and … well, it wasn’t pretty for the 18-year-old No. 1 overall pick.
In his first at-bat Harper struck out on three pitches against left-hander Taylor Tankersley and in his second at-bat he whiffed on four pitches against right-hander Ryota Igarashi.
Seven pitches. Two strikeouts. And absolutely zero impact on his long-term status.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 88
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)