Feb 28, 2011, 4:48 PM EST
Another day, another oblique strain in Brewers camp.
Mat Gamel was already shut down with a strained right oblique muscle and now Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Corey Hart is expected to miss at least two weeks with the same injury on the left side.
Hart, unlike Gamel, won’t have to worry about the injury endangering his roster spot, but oblique problems tend to linger and it could definitely impact him beyond spring training.
Perhaps he can spend the downtime working on his eyesight.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 13
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 17
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)