Feb 28, 2011, 4:48 PM EDT
Another day, another oblique strain in Brewers camp.
Mat Gamel was already shut down with a strained right oblique muscle and now Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Corey Hart is expected to miss at least two weeks with the same injury on the left side.
Hart, unlike Gamel, won’t have to worry about the injury endangering his roster spot, but oblique problems tend to linger and it could definitely impact him beyond spring training.
Perhaps he can spend the downtime working on his eyesight.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 28
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 59
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 113
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 106
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (113)