Feb 28, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch is one of my favorite beat reporters and he’s even better when he stretches his writing legs a bit for a story like this one on Bill James:
James’ legend has grown to the point that his name alone has come to mean all kinds of different things to all kinds of different people, but Goold does a really nice job getting to know the man behind some of the best, most influential baseball writing of all time.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming