Feb 28, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch is one of my favorite beat reporters and he’s even better when he stretches his writing legs a bit for a story like this one on Bill James:
James’ legend has grown to the point that his name alone has come to mean all kinds of different things to all kinds of different people, but Goold does a really nice job getting to know the man behind some of the best, most influential baseball writing of all time.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)