Mar 1, 2011, 9:11 AM EDT
“In the past two years the condition, the overall condition was not excellent and was not to the point where I needed to be,” Matsuzaka said through interpreter Kenta Yamada. “So this year my goal will be to [in] better shape and be on the mound throughout the whole year during the regular season.
Now, if only having one’s overall condition be excellent also solved nibbling at the corners and taking a year between each pitch, I’d actually watch a Red Sox game he starts on occasion.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)