Mar 1, 2011, 9:11 AM EDT
“In the past two years the condition, the overall condition was not excellent and was not to the point where I needed to be,” Matsuzaka said through interpreter Kenta Yamada. “So this year my goal will be to [in] better shape and be on the mound throughout the whole year during the regular season.
Now, if only having one’s overall condition be excellent also solved nibbling at the corners and taking a year between each pitch, I’d actually watch a Red Sox game he starts on occasion.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)