Mar 1, 2011, 1:51 PM EDT
It’ll be Carmona’s first Opening Day start, as CC Sabathia (twice), Cliff Lee, and Jake Westbrook got the nod during his first four seasons in the Indians’ rotation. Carmona is an easy call, as he’ll have more career starts than the rest of the rotation combined and bounced back from a pair of disastrous seasons to make the All-Star team last year.
Cleveland has used just four different Opening Day starters since 2000, with Sabathia starting five times followed by Bartolo Colon three times, Westbrook twice, and Lee once.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 3
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 74
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)