Mar 1, 2011, 1:51 PM EDT
It’ll be Carmona’s first Opening Day start, as CC Sabathia (twice), Cliff Lee, and Jake Westbrook got the nod during his first four seasons in the Indians’ rotation. Carmona is an easy call, as he’ll have more career starts than the rest of the rotation combined and bounced back from a pair of disastrous seasons to make the All-Star team last year.
Cleveland has used just four different Opening Day starters since 2000, with Sabathia starting five times followed by Bartolo Colon three times, Westbrook twice, and Lee once.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 41
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 58
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)