Mar 1, 2011, 1:51 PM EDT
It’ll be Carmona’s first Opening Day start, as CC Sabathia (twice), Cliff Lee, and Jake Westbrook got the nod during his first four seasons in the Indians’ rotation. Carmona is an easy call, as he’ll have more career starts than the rest of the rotation combined and bounced back from a pair of disastrous seasons to make the All-Star team last year.
Cleveland has used just four different Opening Day starters since 2000, with Sabathia starting five times followed by Bartolo Colon three times, Westbrook twice, and Lee once.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 1
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 18
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 18
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)