Mar 1, 2011, 1:13 PM EST
Pirates reliever Joe Beimel is headed for an MRI exam after experiencing elbow soreness during a throwing session this morning.
According to Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com “he first felt pain in his left forearm on Saturday and took the next two days off as a precautionary measure.”
Beimel signed a minor-league contract with the Pirates last month after spending the past two seasons as the Rockies’ left-handed specialist and, if healthy, is all but guaranteed to fill the same role in Pittsburgh.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 251
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (251)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)