Mar 1, 2011, 1:13 PM EDT
Pirates reliever Joe Beimel is headed for an MRI exam after experiencing elbow soreness during a throwing session this morning.
According to Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com “he first felt pain in his left forearm on Saturday and took the next two days off as a precautionary measure.”
Beimel signed a minor-league contract with the Pirates last month after spending the past two seasons as the Rockies’ left-handed specialist and, if healthy, is all but guaranteed to fill the same role in Pittsburgh.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 65
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29