Mar 1, 2011, 1:13 PM EDT
Pirates reliever Joe Beimel is headed for an MRI exam after experiencing elbow soreness during a throwing session this morning.
According to Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com “he first felt pain in his left forearm on Saturday and took the next two days off as a precautionary measure.”
Beimel signed a minor-league contract with the Pirates last month after spending the past two seasons as the Rockies’ left-handed specialist and, if healthy, is all but guaranteed to fill the same role in Pittsburgh.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 19
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 128
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (129)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)