Mar 1, 2011, 1:13 PM EDT
Pirates reliever Joe Beimel is headed for an MRI exam after experiencing elbow soreness during a throwing session this morning.
According to Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com “he first felt pain in his left forearm on Saturday and took the next two days off as a precautionary measure.”
Beimel signed a minor-league contract with the Pirates last month after spending the past two seasons as the Rockies’ left-handed specialist and, if healthy, is all but guaranteed to fill the same role in Pittsburgh.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)