Mar 1, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Josh Beckett was sent home from Red Sox camp yesterday with “mild concussion symptoms” after being struck on the head by an errant ball during batting practice and was held out of all activities today, but told Ian Browne of MLB.com that he’s feeling better:
How do I feel? I feel all right. I feel better today. I felt like I got hit in the head. I think getting rid of some of the headache stuff I had yesterday is probably good. No activity I guess today. You go through a bunch of different emotions. At first, you’re [mad] because you don’t know what happened. Then, I tried to walk and I got real dizzy and just kind of took a knee. You just kind of go through everything. I really didn’t even know what happened. I didn’t know if I got hit by a ball from another field or what.
Beckett still has some swelling behind his ear, but for now at least it looks like he’s avoided a serious injury. There’s no timetable for his return to the mound, but he seems unlikely to make a start before the weekend.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)