Mar 1, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
Josh Beckett was sent home from Red Sox camp yesterday with “mild concussion symptoms” after being struck on the head by an errant ball during batting practice and was held out of all activities today, but told Ian Browne of MLB.com that he’s feeling better:
How do I feel? I feel all right. I feel better today. I felt like I got hit in the head. I think getting rid of some of the headache stuff I had yesterday is probably good. No activity I guess today. You go through a bunch of different emotions. At first, you’re [mad] because you don’t know what happened. Then, I tried to walk and I got real dizzy and just kind of took a knee. You just kind of go through everything. I really didn’t even know what happened. I didn’t know if I got hit by a ball from another field or what.
Beckett still has some swelling behind his ear, but for now at least it looks like he’s avoided a serious injury. There’s no timetable for his return to the mound, but he seems unlikely to make a start before the weekend.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 62
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4