Mar 2, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
TMZ reports that former Mets ace Dwight Gooden will be part of the cast for the upcoming season of “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew” on VH1.
The other cast members really stretch the definition of celebrity: Michael Lohan, Jeremy Jackson, Bai Ling, and Tareq and Michaele Salahi.
Or: A famous person’s father, a guy who was on “Baywatch” a decade ago, a Chinese actress who was one of People magazine’s “50 most beautiful people” back in 1998, and a married couple from another reality show.
I feel bad for Gooden, not because of his troubled past or the fact that he’s going to appear on a second-rate reality show* that’s sure to make him look bad, but because the 46-year-old former Cy Young winner will have to actually live in the same facility with those “celebrities.”
* I’m a big Drew Pinsky fan from way back when he co-hosted “Loveline” with Adam Carolla, but “Celebrity Rehab” is a disaster.
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 17
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)