Mar 2, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
TMZ reports that former Mets ace Dwight Gooden will be part of the cast for the upcoming season of “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew” on VH1.
The other cast members really stretch the definition of celebrity: Michael Lohan, Jeremy Jackson, Bai Ling, and Tareq and Michaele Salahi.
Or: A famous person’s father, a guy who was on “Baywatch” a decade ago, a Chinese actress who was one of People magazine’s “50 most beautiful people” back in 1998, and a married couple from another reality show.
I feel bad for Gooden, not because of his troubled past or the fact that he’s going to appear on a second-rate reality show* that’s sure to make him look bad, but because the 46-year-old former Cy Young winner will have to actually live in the same facility with those “celebrities.”
* I’m a big Drew Pinsky fan from way back when he co-hosted “Loveline” with Adam Carolla, but “Celebrity Rehab” is a disaster.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)