Mar 2, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
TMZ reports that former Mets ace Dwight Gooden will be part of the cast for the upcoming season of “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew” on VH1.
The other cast members really stretch the definition of celebrity: Michael Lohan, Jeremy Jackson, Bai Ling, and Tareq and Michaele Salahi.
Or: A famous person’s father, a guy who was on “Baywatch” a decade ago, a Chinese actress who was one of People magazine’s “50 most beautiful people” back in 1998, and a married couple from another reality show.
I feel bad for Gooden, not because of his troubled past or the fact that he’s going to appear on a second-rate reality show* that’s sure to make him look bad, but because the 46-year-old former Cy Young winner will have to actually live in the same facility with those “celebrities.”
* I’m a big Drew Pinsky fan from way back when he co-hosted “Loveline” with Adam Carolla, but “Celebrity Rehab” is a disaster.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)