Mar 2, 2011, 6:32 PM EST
TMZ reports that former Mets ace Dwight Gooden will be part of the cast for the upcoming season of “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew” on VH1.
The other cast members really stretch the definition of celebrity: Michael Lohan, Jeremy Jackson, Bai Ling, and Tareq and Michaele Salahi.
Or: A famous person’s father, a guy who was on “Baywatch” a decade ago, a Chinese actress who was one of People magazine’s “50 most beautiful people” back in 1998, and a married couple from another reality show.
I feel bad for Gooden, not because of his troubled past or the fact that he’s going to appear on a second-rate reality show* that’s sure to make him look bad, but because the 46-year-old former Cy Young winner will have to actually live in the same facility with those “celebrities.”
* I’m a big Drew Pinsky fan from way back when he co-hosted “Loveline” with Adam Carolla, but “Celebrity Rehab” is a disaster.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)