Mar 2, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
Mark Wohlers never won the Fireman of the Year award back when he was the Braves’ closer, but his wife deserves consideration now:
Former Braves closer Mark Wohlers said his wife raced through their suburban Atlanta home and saved him and their three children as flames starting spreading through the house early Tuesday.
The home in Milton, about 30 miles north of Atlanta, was engulfed by the time firefighters arrived, said Milton Fire Department spokesman Andrew Kennedy.
Wohlers called his wife, Kimberly, a hero for waking him up, then going upstairs “quicker than I can blink an eye” to get the couple’s children, ages 3, 5 and 7.
I only have a five and a seven-year-old and I can’t get the two of them on the same page for three seconds. Add in a three-year-old and we may as well just give up right there.
Kudos to Wohlers’ wife for having more moxie than most.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17