Mar 2, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
White Sox catcher (and avid Creed lover) A.J. Pierzynski was issued a speeding ticket on Wednesday morning while on his way to the club’s spring training facility for an afternoon Cactus League game against the Reds.
Why is this interesting? Well, he was in his White Sox uniform when he was pulled over … and the 34-year-old catcher was only going 10 miles per hour over the speed limit.
Pierzynksi joked about the incident with a group of reporters on Wednesday afternoon, including Brett Ballantini of CSN Chicago:
“I’ve never been pulled over in my uniform and given a ticket,” said the catcher “Full uniform, [that] was interesting. So I loved it when he said, ‘Oh, you play for the White Sox?’ I said, ‘How did you guess?’ Figure it out.”
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen revealed on Twitter a few hours ago that the officer failed to return Pierzynski’s insurance card after writing the speeding ticket. Maybe Craig can get it back from the Arizona troopers tomorrow morning when he’s posting bail. Or, wait, was I not supposed to mention that?
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)