Mar 2, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
White Sox catcher (and avid Creed lover) A.J. Pierzynski was issued a speeding ticket on Wednesday morning while on his way to the club’s spring training facility for an afternoon Cactus League game against the Reds.
Why is this interesting? Well, he was in his White Sox uniform when he was pulled over … and the 34-year-old catcher was only going 10 miles per hour over the speed limit.
Pierzynksi joked about the incident with a group of reporters on Wednesday afternoon, including Brett Ballantini of CSN Chicago:
“I’ve never been pulled over in my uniform and given a ticket,” said the catcher “Full uniform, [that] was interesting. So I loved it when he said, ‘Oh, you play for the White Sox?’ I said, ‘How did you guess?’ Figure it out.”
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen revealed on Twitter a few hours ago that the officer failed to return Pierzynski’s insurance card after writing the speeding ticket. Maybe Craig can get it back from the Arizona troopers tomorrow morning when he’s posting bail. Or, wait, was I not supposed to mention that?
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 17
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)