Mar 2, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
White Sox catcher (and avid Creed lover) A.J. Pierzynski was issued a speeding ticket on Wednesday morning while on his way to the club’s spring training facility for an afternoon Cactus League game against the Reds.
Why is this interesting? Well, he was in his White Sox uniform when he was pulled over … and the 34-year-old catcher was only going 10 miles per hour over the speed limit.
Pierzynksi joked about the incident with a group of reporters on Wednesday afternoon, including Brett Ballantini of CSN Chicago:
“I’ve never been pulled over in my uniform and given a ticket,” said the catcher “Full uniform, [that] was interesting. So I loved it when he said, ‘Oh, you play for the White Sox?’ I said, ‘How did you guess?’ Figure it out.”
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen revealed on Twitter a few hours ago that the officer failed to return Pierzynski’s insurance card after writing the speeding ticket. Maybe Craig can get it back from the Arizona troopers tomorrow morning when he’s posting bail. Or, wait, was I not supposed to mention that?
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)