Mar 2, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
There aren’t any details at the moment apart from the fact that he was driving his Rolls Royce at the time of his arrest, so you know, he was inconspicuous. The buzz in the press box is that the team will be announcing something soon, but right now the PR guy’s door is closed and the players and coaches are down on the field taking batting practice and aren’t talking.
Because the clubhouse was closed this morning — for the lecture from MLB security about substance abuse and stuff, natch — I’m not sure if Crisp is at the ballpark today (UPDATE: Susan Slusser says that Crisp is here and is taking BP). I’ll sniff around some more and update as anything new is learned.
UPDATE: The team has released a statement. It’s basically a no-comment. Crisp was not scheduled to be in the lineup today, so we probably won’t be getting anything else about this today.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)