Mar 2, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
There aren’t any details at the moment apart from the fact that he was driving his Rolls Royce at the time of his arrest, so you know, he was inconspicuous. The buzz in the press box is that the team will be announcing something soon, but right now the PR guy’s door is closed and the players and coaches are down on the field taking batting practice and aren’t talking.
Because the clubhouse was closed this morning — for the lecture from MLB security about substance abuse and stuff, natch — I’m not sure if Crisp is at the ballpark today (UPDATE: Susan Slusser says that Crisp is here and is taking BP). I’ll sniff around some more and update as anything new is learned.
UPDATE: The team has released a statement. It’s basically a no-comment. Crisp was not scheduled to be in the lineup today, so we probably won’t be getting anything else about this today.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 124
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (353)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (193)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)