Mar 2, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
There aren’t any details at the moment apart from the fact that he was driving his Rolls Royce at the time of his arrest, so you know, he was inconspicuous. The buzz in the press box is that the team will be announcing something soon, but right now the PR guy’s door is closed and the players and coaches are down on the field taking batting practice and aren’t talking.
Because the clubhouse was closed this morning — for the lecture from MLB security about substance abuse and stuff, natch — I’m not sure if Crisp is at the ballpark today (UPDATE: Susan Slusser says that Crisp is here and is taking BP). I’ll sniff around some more and update as anything new is learned.
UPDATE: The team has released a statement. It’s basically a no-comment. Crisp was not scheduled to be in the lineup today, so we probably won’t be getting anything else about this today.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)