Mar 2, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
There aren’t any details at the moment apart from the fact that he was driving his Rolls Royce at the time of his arrest, so you know, he was inconspicuous. The buzz in the press box is that the team will be announcing something soon, but right now the PR guy’s door is closed and the players and coaches are down on the field taking batting practice and aren’t talking.
Because the clubhouse was closed this morning — for the lecture from MLB security about substance abuse and stuff, natch — I’m not sure if Crisp is at the ballpark today (UPDATE: Susan Slusser says that Crisp is here and is taking BP). I’ll sniff around some more and update as anything new is learned.
UPDATE: The team has released a statement. It’s basically a no-comment. Crisp was not scheduled to be in the lineup today, so we probably won’t be getting anything else about this today.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)