Report: Coco Crisp Arrested for DUI last night

Mar 2, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT

Coco Crisp

CSN Bay Area is reporting that A’s outfielder Coco Crisp was arrested for DUI last night.

There aren’t any details at the moment apart from the fact that he was driving his Rolls Royce at the time of his arrest, so you know, he was inconspicuous. The buzz in the press box is that the team will be announcing something soon, but right now the PR guy’s door is closed and the players and coaches are down on the field taking batting practice and aren’t talking.

Because the clubhouse was closed this morning — for the lecture from MLB security about substance abuse and stuff, natch — I’m not sure if Crisp is at the ballpark today (UPDATE: Susan Slusser says that Crisp is here and is taking BP). I’ll sniff around some more and update as anything new is learned.

UPDATE: The team has released a statement. It’s basically a no-comment.  Crisp was not scheduled to be in the lineup today, so we probably won’t be getting anything else about this today.

1. clydeserra - Mar 2, 2011 at 1:38 PM

I can’t wait till we get back to the day when ballplayers getting DUIs are not news. I am not saying its OK to drive drunk. Its just that there are worse transgressions in the world.

That being said, I guess his craigslist ad for an assistant didn’t get him a driver.

• Ralph - Mar 2, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Worse transgressions than driving drunk? Yeah? Tell that to Nick Adenhart’s family.

Moron.

2. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Mar 2, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Woo hoo! It’s been so long since an MLB player got a DUI! I was getting the shakes for a minute. Seriously, what the hell? Even Sheen avoids the drink while driving. He said it himself, and he only pews the truth lately.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Mar 2, 2011 at 1:38 PM

*spews

• sdelmonte - Mar 2, 2011 at 1:40 PM

PFT has a “days since player arrested” counter. It’s at five today.

3. stealofhome - Mar 2, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Didn’t he have a root canal yesterday?

• WhenMattStairsIsKing - Mar 2, 2011 at 1:48 PM

How would you know that?

• stealofhome - Mar 2, 2011 at 2:06 PM

He said it on Twitter “Root canal time, I should’ve listen to my folks when they said brush and floss. I got the brushin part down flossing I such a pain n da butt”

• Utley's Hair - Mar 2, 2011 at 3:19 PM

So he was self-anesthetizing, like Cabrera?

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Mar 2, 2011 at 3:20 PM

self-anesthetizing n da butt.

• Utley's Hair - Mar 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM

If that’s the case, he needs someone to explain to him just where root canals are supposed to take place, ’cause methinks he’s been misinformed…

4. bloodysock - Mar 2, 2011 at 1:46 PM

He really brought his Rolls-Royce from NoCal to Spring Training?

5. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Mar 2, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Craig, any reason why you decided to put up a photo of him falling quickly? ;-)

6. dickclydesdale - Mar 2, 2011 at 2:09 PM

What do you expect from ghetto trash like Coco Crisp?
    Decency, haha..you can take them boys out of the hood but they will still get liquored up & buy rocks of cocaine & get in the rolls royce on a high.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Mar 2, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Who are ‘them boys’ you’re referring to now? Dick.

• heyblueyoustink - Mar 2, 2011 at 3:43 PM

What’s the matter with you Dick?
      See I could ramble on about you possibly being a backwoods, tooth deprived, flannel thong wearing, meth smoking, farm animal fornicating piece of human refuse……

But honestly I don’t know you……..no need to be such a, well, Dick!

• cur68 - Mar 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

heyblue: ” flannel thong wearing”?! LMAO! Wish I’d thought of that.

7. rapmusicmademedoit - Mar 2, 2011 at 6:14 PM

with a name like coco crisp he must be drunk on MILK…………..

A's, Tigers big winners at trade deadline