Mar 2, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
There aren’t any details at the moment apart from the fact that he was driving his Rolls Royce at the time of his arrest, so you know, he was inconspicuous. The buzz in the press box is that the team will be announcing something soon, but right now the PR guy’s door is closed and the players and coaches are down on the field taking batting practice and aren’t talking.
Because the clubhouse was closed this morning — for the lecture from MLB security about substance abuse and stuff, natch — I’m not sure if Crisp is at the ballpark today (UPDATE: Susan Slusser says that Crisp is here and is taking BP). I’ll sniff around some more and update as anything new is learned.
UPDATE: The team has released a statement. It’s basically a no-comment. Crisp was not scheduled to be in the lineup today, so we probably won’t be getting anything else about this today.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)