The A’s release a statement on Coco Crisp’s DUI

Mar 2, 2011, 2:33 PM EST

Oakland Athletics Photo Day Getty Images

The Athletics just released a statement regarding Coco Crisp’s DUI:

Coco Crisp was arrested and detained early this morning under the suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.  He was released from the City of Scottsdale Jail this morning and arrived at Phoenix Municipal Stadium on time for team pre-game drills.  The A’s are aware of the situation and take such matters seriously.The team and Coco will have no further comment until further details are available.”

That’s a lot of nothing, but what do you expect? For what it’s worth, people here who cover the A’s regularly said that they aren’t pleased. Which is also kind of obvious, but the team is thought to take this sort of stuff more seriously than other teams.  I suppose we’ll see if that means anything in the coming days.

For what it’s worth, the A’s were at the vanguard of teams banning beer in the clubhouse — both their own and the visiting team’s — five years ago after Esteban Loaiza was busted for a DUI.

1. cur68 - Mar 2, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Put up a mug shot when it becomes available, kay? I got a contest going on best mug shot of the year and I like to use your stuff as source.

• bloodysock - Mar 2, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Mug shot:

• cur68 - Mar 2, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Thanks sock! That’s a gooder. I still got Miggy in the lead, though.

2. heyblueyoustink - Mar 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Craig, I love the fact that when I jumped to this page the ad on the right hand side is for DUI attorney’s……some kind of magic algorithm at work or dumb luck?

• The Rabbit - Mar 2, 2011 at 7:08 PM

LOL I wondered that myself. The ad on my page was for rehab.

3. Old Gator - Mar 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I always use unsweetened soymilk on my Coco Crisp. It turns soggy in Scotch.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester