Mar 2, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
The Athletics just released a statement regarding Coco Crisp’s DUI:
“Coco Crisp was arrested and detained early this morning under the suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol. He was released from the City of Scottsdale Jail this morning and arrived at Phoenix Municipal Stadium on time for team pre-game drills. The A’s are aware of the situation and take such matters seriously.The team and Coco will have no further comment until further details are available.”
That’s a lot of nothing, but what do you expect? For what it’s worth, people here who cover the A’s regularly said that they aren’t pleased. Which is also kind of obvious, but the team is thought to take this sort of stuff more seriously than other teams. I suppose we’ll see if that means anything in the coming days.
For what it’s worth, the A’s were at the vanguard of teams banning beer in the clubhouse — both their own and the visiting team’s — five years ago after Esteban Loaiza was busted for a DUI.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)