Mar 2, 2011, 2:33 PM EST
The Athletics just released a statement regarding Coco Crisp’s DUI:
“Coco Crisp was arrested and detained early this morning under the suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol. He was released from the City of Scottsdale Jail this morning and arrived at Phoenix Municipal Stadium on time for team pre-game drills. The A’s are aware of the situation and take such matters seriously.The team and Coco will have no further comment until further details are available.”
That’s a lot of nothing, but what do you expect? For what it’s worth, people here who cover the A’s regularly said that they aren’t pleased. Which is also kind of obvious, but the team is thought to take this sort of stuff more seriously than other teams. I suppose we’ll see if that means anything in the coming days.
For what it’s worth, the A’s were at the vanguard of teams banning beer in the clubhouse — both their own and the visiting team’s — five years ago after Esteban Loaiza was busted for a DUI.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 41
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)