Mar 2, 2011, 4:01 PM EDT
Looks like I picked the wrong game to see today. The A’s and Indians are kind of snoozy. Much more fun is being had between the Cubs and the Brewers over at Maryvale Baseball Park.
Well, the Cubs are having fun anyway: as Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune reports, after the first inning there was a scuffle in the dugout. Carlos Silva, the starter, was then unexpectedly pulled from the game and escorted away from by a Cubs’ coach. He was reportedly still jawing back at someone in the dugout as he left.
And before you get any ideas, no, it was not Zambrano, who was not at the park today. We’ll update if and when we learn something more.
UPDATE: The scuffle was between Silva and Aramis Ramirez, who calls it a “misunderstanding.”
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 15
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 43
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (76)