Mar 2, 2011, 4:01 PM EDT
Looks like I picked the wrong game to see today. The A’s and Indians are kind of snoozy. Much more fun is being had between the Cubs and the Brewers over at Maryvale Baseball Park.
Well, the Cubs are having fun anyway: as Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune reports, after the first inning there was a scuffle in the dugout. Carlos Silva, the starter, was then unexpectedly pulled from the game and escorted away from by a Cubs’ coach. He was reportedly still jawing back at someone in the dugout as he left.
And before you get any ideas, no, it was not Zambrano, who was not at the park today. We’ll update if and when we learn something more.
UPDATE: The scuffle was between Silva and Aramis Ramirez, who calls it a “misunderstanding.”
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 17
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 44
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 38
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)