Mar 2, 2011, 4:01 PM EDT
Looks like I picked the wrong game to see today. The A’s and Indians are kind of snoozy. Much more fun is being had between the Cubs and the Brewers over at Maryvale Baseball Park.
Well, the Cubs are having fun anyway: as Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune reports, after the first inning there was a scuffle in the dugout. Carlos Silva, the starter, was then unexpectedly pulled from the game and escorted away from by a Cubs’ coach. He was reportedly still jawing back at someone in the dugout as he left.
And before you get any ideas, no, it was not Zambrano, who was not at the park today. We’ll update if and when we learn something more.
UPDATE: The scuffle was between Silva and Aramis Ramirez, who calls it a “misunderstanding.”
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 22
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)