Mar 2, 2011, 4:01 PM EDT
Looks like I picked the wrong game to see today. The A’s and Indians are kind of snoozy. Much more fun is being had between the Cubs and the Brewers over at Maryvale Baseball Park.
Well, the Cubs are having fun anyway: as Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune reports, after the first inning there was a scuffle in the dugout. Carlos Silva, the starter, was then unexpectedly pulled from the game and escorted away from by a Cubs’ coach. He was reportedly still jawing back at someone in the dugout as he left.
And before you get any ideas, no, it was not Zambrano, who was not at the park today. We’ll update if and when we learn something more.
UPDATE: The scuffle was between Silva and Aramis Ramirez, who calls it a “misunderstanding.”
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming