Mar 2, 2011, 4:01 PM EDT
Looks like I picked the wrong game to see today. The A’s and Indians are kind of snoozy. Much more fun is being had between the Cubs and the Brewers over at Maryvale Baseball Park.
Well, the Cubs are having fun anyway: as Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune reports, after the first inning there was a scuffle in the dugout. Carlos Silva, the starter, was then unexpectedly pulled from the game and escorted away from by a Cubs’ coach. He was reportedly still jawing back at someone in the dugout as he left.
And before you get any ideas, no, it was not Zambrano, who was not at the park today. We’ll update if and when we learn something more.
UPDATE: The scuffle was between Silva and Aramis Ramirez, who calls it a “misunderstanding.”
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)