Mar 2, 2011, 4:16 PM EST
Maybe not, but Armstrong writes that Jimenez “had the thumb lanced and fluid removed from the infected area.” Here’s more from Tracy:
The moral to the story is we’re obviously going to let that heal before we venture out there and have him throwing balls where the seams can rub on that area and irritate and possibly tear it even worse. And then we created a problem for ourselves. Better to be proactive.
Jimenez pitched two scoreless innings Saturday, so sitting out a few days or even a week wouldn’t really put him much behind schedule, but obviously the “possibly tear it even worse” part will loom large once he returns to the mound.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)