Mar 2, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Maybe not, but Armstrong writes that Jimenez “had the thumb lanced and fluid removed from the infected area.” Here’s more from Tracy:
The moral to the story is we’re obviously going to let that heal before we venture out there and have him throwing balls where the seams can rub on that area and irritate and possibly tear it even worse. And then we created a problem for ourselves. Better to be proactive.
Jimenez pitched two scoreless innings Saturday, so sitting out a few days or even a week wouldn’t really put him much behind schedule, but obviously the “possibly tear it even worse” part will loom large once he returns to the mound.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 162
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (163)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)