Mar 3, 2011, 1:05 PM EDT
Two days after experiencing “mild concussion symptoms” from an errant batting practice ball to the head Josh Beckett has been cleared for a “normal day” of workouts and is scheduled to throw a three-inning simulated game tomorrow.
Beckett passed various brain function tests yesterday and barring a setback he’ll be lined up to start Tuesday, according to Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal.
Not only did manager Terry Francona joke about Beckett’s “normal” brain function yesterday, MacPherson writes (and NESN has video showing) that Beckett arrived at camp today with a neon yellow hat and orange reflective vest for Red Sox staffer Ino Guerrero, who hit the ball that struck Beckett on the side of the head.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 17
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 4
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 62
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 13
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games