Mar 3, 2011, 1:05 PM EST
Two days after experiencing “mild concussion symptoms” from an errant batting practice ball to the head Josh Beckett has been cleared for a “normal day” of workouts and is scheduled to throw a three-inning simulated game tomorrow.
Beckett passed various brain function tests yesterday and barring a setback he’ll be lined up to start Tuesday, according to Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal.
Not only did manager Terry Francona joke about Beckett’s “normal” brain function yesterday, MacPherson writes (and NESN has video showing) that Beckett arrived at camp today with a neon yellow hat and orange reflective vest for Red Sox staffer Ino Guerrero, who hit the ball that struck Beckett on the side of the head.
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 0
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (112)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)