Mar 3, 2011, 3:58 PM EST
Koji Uehara won’t throw for at least a few days after getting a cortisone injection today in his right elbow.
Uehara told Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com that the injury “is not even serious” and described it as merely “arm fatigue,” but the closer candidate has had elbow problems in the past and re-signed with the Orioles for just $3 million in guaranteed money in part because other teams likely had concerns about his holding up physically.
According to Ghiroli “apparently he gets these pretty frequently so the team isn’t overly concerned at this point.”
Uehara is widely viewed as the favorite to claim ninth-inning duties, but with former closer Kevin Gregg also in the mix he definitely won’t be handed the job.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)