Mar 3, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Brewers left-hander Manny Parra was lifted from his Thursday Cactus League appearance against the A’s after just one batter due to tightness in his lower back.
Parra revealed after the game that he has been dealing with back issues for much of spring training. The Brewers are likely to give him several days of rest while the discomfort calms.
Parra, 28, registered a lousy 5.02 ERA across 122 innings last season while serving as both a starter and reliever. He fanned 129 batters for an impressive 9.52 K/9, but he walked 68 batters and was generally far too inconsistent.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)