Mar 3, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Brewers left-hander Manny Parra was lifted from his Thursday Cactus League appearance against the A’s after just one batter due to tightness in his lower back.
Parra revealed after the game that he has been dealing with back issues for much of spring training. The Brewers are likely to give him several days of rest while the discomfort calms.
Parra, 28, registered a lousy 5.02 ERA across 122 innings last season while serving as both a starter and reliever. He fanned 129 batters for an impressive 9.52 K/9, but he walked 68 batters and was generally far too inconsistent.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12