Mar 3, 2011, 3:32 PM EDT

And, in addition to the photo, we have an exclusive transcript of Dunn's inner-monologue!

“Oh my God?! What is this thing on my left hand?!!  It’s as if it’s made of … a dead cow!!! … Oh, wait. It’s a glove. OK, I remember those things. I used to wear them all the time … OK, Adam … deep breaths. You. Can. Do. This.”

“Arrrgh! The batter looks like he might swing! On your toes, Adam! ON YOU TOES!”

At least that’s what I assume his inner-monologue to have been.

1. clydeserra - Mar 3, 2011 at 3:35 PM

“What is that thing coming at me very rapidly. I will have to come up with a name for it. Ball. I wonder if its friendly”

• johnwillumsen - Mar 3, 2011 at 3:51 PM

That’s a great reference. i can only assume the people who clicked thumbs down MEANT to click thumbs up.

• natedawg321 - Mar 3, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Well, if they are too dumb to get the reference, they might think it’s an insult of some kind.

• IdahoMariner - Mar 3, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Awesome. Haven’t had a good hitchiker’s galaxy reference for a long time. Extra points for picking one of my favorite visuals from the book.

2. Jonny 5 - Mar 3, 2011 at 4:18 PM

I always love watching Adam Dunn play D. OF was pure comic relief.

3. IdahoMariner - Mar 3, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I’m going to eschew my natural cynicism and take Dunn’s inner monologue as a good sign for my team — as in, there is a reason to be worried when you are on D and they come up to bat. He could be forgiven, alas, for being worried, since he was in the NL last year, and may not realized the depth of our suck at the plate. Here’s hoping this year is LOTS different.

4. JB (the original) - Mar 3, 2011 at 5:00 PM

I asked myself, “why is this object in front of me growing so rapidly?”
    And then it hit me.

5. BC - Mar 4, 2011 at 7:55 AM

He kind of looks like this:

Remember Hover Bear and Hover Dunn are watching you.

Who's outside looking in on playoffs?
  1. R. Castillo (2497)