Reds unveil Dusty Baker bobblehead doll/toothpick holder

Mar 3, 2011, 5:10 PM EDT

dusty baker toothpick AP

From the Reds’ official Twitter feed, here’s a picture of the Dusty Baker bobblehead doll the team will be giving away for the July 2 game against the Indians, which pretty brilliantly incorporates the manager’s penchant for dugout toothpick usage:

1. dodger88 - Mar 3, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I’m not a bobblehead fan but at least the Reds got creative.

2. yankeesfanlen - Mar 3, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Can’t wait for Tigers bobblehead day- Jim mLeyland with a Marlboro hanging from his mouth and a zippo on the base. Miguel Cabrera with……..oh, never mind.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Mar 3, 2011 at 5:25 PM

I’d purchase both of those and I don’t care for the Tigres, although they do have one of the best unis in baseball. I’d also purchase a Lincecum bobblehead/bong.

• dexterismyhero - Mar 4, 2011 at 9:16 AM

awesome……maybe they could bring back the skinny Barry Bonds doll…or Pete Rose holding a racing form…

3. Jonny 5 - Mar 4, 2011 at 3:20 PM

That’s one awesome bobble head.

4. simplicitymadecomplex - Mar 5, 2011 at 2:25 PM

I’m jumping in here with a good olde piece of wholesome begging. Are there any Cinci fans [o.k. 1 Cinci fan] who plan on attending the July 2 game ? Against the Indians no less. Deep water for sure.

If so would you please grab me one of those Dusty Dolls ’cause I just have to have at least 1 and there is no way I’m taking a road trip from Montreal to Cinci [oh there are so many locations that are more fun than Cinci] especially when the Indians are the opposition.

Dusty Doll and a bag of toothpicks, life doesn’t get any better that’s for sure. Should someone nail one of them D.B. dolls just for me then you may contact me thru the “appropriate” HBT topic following the July 2 game.

Craig may end up running a “July 3rd story” with a headline such as “Dusty Doll Makes Correct Pitching Change By Pointing Toothpick At Reliever …” with the highlight being that the Reds now have climbed out of the NL central basement.

Win-win for everybody.

Pujols deal still worth it to Angels?
  1. I. Davis (4011)