Mar 3, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
The Rockies got a little scare from shortstop Troy Tulowitzki on Thursday in camp.
The 26-year-old was lifted prematurely from the Rockies’ Grapefruit League game against the Giants after nailing his right heel with the tip of his bat on a hard third-strike swing. A trainer met him just outside the batter’s box and he headed to the clubhouse for further examination.
That further examination didn’t take long.
Tulowitzki was diagnosed quickly with only a bruised heel, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, and is expected to be just fine after a couple days of rest. He was already scheduled to skip Friday’s road game against the Indians along with a handful of other Rockies regulars. Look for him to return at some point this weekend or, at the latest, early next week.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (156)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)