Mar 3, 2011, 8:05 PM EST
The Rockies got a little scare from shortstop Troy Tulowitzki on Thursday in camp.
The 26-year-old was lifted prematurely from the Rockies’ Grapefruit League game against the Giants after nailing his right heel with the tip of his bat on a hard third-strike swing. A trainer met him just outside the batter’s box and he headed to the clubhouse for further examination.
That further examination didn’t take long.
Tulowitzki was diagnosed quickly with only a bruised heel, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, and is expected to be just fine after a couple days of rest. He was already scheduled to skip Friday’s road game against the Indians along with a handful of other Rockies regulars. Look for him to return at some point this weekend or, at the latest, early next week.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)