Mar 3, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
The Rockies got a little scare from shortstop Troy Tulowitzki on Thursday in camp.
The 26-year-old was lifted prematurely from the Rockies’ Grapefruit League game against the Giants after nailing his right heel with the tip of his bat on a hard third-strike swing. A trainer met him just outside the batter’s box and he headed to the clubhouse for further examination.
That further examination didn’t take long.
Tulowitzki was diagnosed quickly with only a bruised heel, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, and is expected to be just fine after a couple days of rest. He was already scheduled to skip Friday’s road game against the Indians along with a handful of other Rockies regulars. Look for him to return at some point this weekend or, at the latest, early next week.
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 12
- The Lester trade is a win-win 104
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 160
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (160)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)