Mar 4, 2011, 2:33 PM EST
MLB has suspended Wayne Dedrick for 50 games after the Brewers minor leaguer violated the minor league drug program for a second time with a positive test for an undisclosed substance.
Dedrick, who was a 30th-round pick in 2008 and missed last season with a knee injury, will likely serve the suspension in rookie-ball.
He faces a 100-game suspension for a third positive test and would be banned for life following a fourth violation.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)