Mar 4, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
MLB has suspended Wayne Dedrick for 50 games after the Brewers minor leaguer violated the minor league drug program for a second time with a positive test for an undisclosed substance.
Dedrick, who was a 30th-round pick in 2008 and missed last season with a knee injury, will likely serve the suspension in rookie-ball.
He faces a 100-game suspension for a third positive test and would be banned for life following a fourth violation.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)