Mar 4, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
MLB has suspended Wayne Dedrick for 50 games after the Brewers minor leaguer violated the minor league drug program for a second time with a positive test for an undisclosed substance.
Dedrick, who was a 30th-round pick in 2008 and missed last season with a knee injury, will likely serve the suspension in rookie-ball.
He faces a 100-game suspension for a third positive test and would be banned for life following a fourth violation.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11