Mar 4, 2011, 5:07 PM EDT
TMZ and the Arizona Republic have a more details on Coco Crisp‘s DUI arrest earlier this week, including that the police report notes he answered “secret service” when asked if he knew who was driving the other car on the road with him that also pulled over when the sirens flashed.
Crisp told police “there were some issues with some people so the secret service was providing security.” Turns out they were actually just a private, personal security force, in which case he ought to ask for a refund on whatever he paid them after they allowed him to get in his car and drive with a blood-alcohol level of .13, which is well over the legal limit of .08 in Arizona.
It’s unclear why Crisp would need private security, but according to police two men in a Dodge pickup truck followed Crisp at 2:15 a.m., staying about six car lengths behind his Rolls Royce until pulling over alongside him during the traffic stop. Police said Crisp’s car smelled of alcohol and he was cited for driving with an expired license in addition to the DUI.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)