Mar 4, 2011, 5:07 PM EDT
TMZ and the Arizona Republic have a more details on Coco Crisp‘s DUI arrest earlier this week, including that the police report notes he answered “secret service” when asked if he knew who was driving the other car on the road with him that also pulled over when the sirens flashed.
Crisp told police “there were some issues with some people so the secret service was providing security.” Turns out they were actually just a private, personal security force, in which case he ought to ask for a refund on whatever he paid them after they allowed him to get in his car and drive with a blood-alcohol level of .13, which is well over the legal limit of .08 in Arizona.
It’s unclear why Crisp would need private security, but according to police two men in a Dodge pickup truck followed Crisp at 2:15 a.m., staying about six car lengths behind his Rolls Royce until pulling over alongside him during the traffic stop. Police said Crisp’s car smelled of alcohol and he was cited for driving with an expired license in addition to the DUI.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)