Mar 4, 2011, 10:50 AM EDT
Milton Bradley‘s wife has filed divorce paperwork and accuses the Mariners outfielder of abusing her during their five-year marriage, including a claim that a glass he threw struck her on the head and caused bleeding.
According to RadarOnline.com the incident occurred on New Year’s Eve while the couple was staying at a hotel without their two children. Here’s a Monique Bradley quote taken directly from the divorce document:
Milton cursed and yelled at me for approximately five minutes and then he grabbed a glass from off the coffee table and threw it directly at my head from across the room. The glass shattered on my head and I started to bleed. As soon as Milton saw me bleeding, he started crying and begging me to forgive him. He stated that he lost it and that he would kill himself if I left him. I did not know what to do.
According to the report “hotel security knocked on the hotel room door as she was in the bathroom trying to stop the bleeding, but Milton said there was no problem and Monique didn’t go to the hospital.” She later filed a restraining order that led to Bradley’s arrest on a “criminal threats” charge of which he was eventually cleared and is now requesting legal custody of both children.
Following the arrest in January general manager Jack Zduriencik issued a statement saying that Bradley would remain with the Mariners and “is going to come in and compete for a starting position.” It’ll be interesting to see if yet another incident in a seemingly never-ending list of despicable behaviors finally causes the Mariners to become the eighth team to ditch Bradley in 11 seasons.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)