Mar 4, 2011, 10:50 AM EST
Milton Bradley‘s wife has filed divorce paperwork and accuses the Mariners outfielder of abusing her during their five-year marriage, including a claim that a glass he threw struck her on the head and caused bleeding.
According to RadarOnline.com the incident occurred on New Year’s Eve while the couple was staying at a hotel without their two children. Here’s a Monique Bradley quote taken directly from the divorce document:
Milton cursed and yelled at me for approximately five minutes and then he grabbed a glass from off the coffee table and threw it directly at my head from across the room. The glass shattered on my head and I started to bleed. As soon as Milton saw me bleeding, he started crying and begging me to forgive him. He stated that he lost it and that he would kill himself if I left him. I did not know what to do.
According to the report “hotel security knocked on the hotel room door as she was in the bathroom trying to stop the bleeding, but Milton said there was no problem and Monique didn’t go to the hospital.” She later filed a restraining order that led to Bradley’s arrest on a “criminal threats” charge of which he was eventually cleared and is now requesting legal custody of both children.
Following the arrest in January general manager Jack Zduriencik issued a statement saying that Bradley would remain with the Mariners and “is going to come in and compete for a starting position.” It’ll be interesting to see if yet another incident in a seemingly never-ending list of despicable behaviors finally causes the Mariners to become the eighth team to ditch Bradley in 11 seasons.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 75
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 41
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)