Mar 4, 2011, 10:50 AM EDT
Milton Bradley‘s wife has filed divorce paperwork and accuses the Mariners outfielder of abusing her during their five-year marriage, including a claim that a glass he threw struck her on the head and caused bleeding.
According to RadarOnline.com the incident occurred on New Year’s Eve while the couple was staying at a hotel without their two children. Here’s a Monique Bradley quote taken directly from the divorce document:
Milton cursed and yelled at me for approximately five minutes and then he grabbed a glass from off the coffee table and threw it directly at my head from across the room. The glass shattered on my head and I started to bleed. As soon as Milton saw me bleeding, he started crying and begging me to forgive him. He stated that he lost it and that he would kill himself if I left him. I did not know what to do.
According to the report “hotel security knocked on the hotel room door as she was in the bathroom trying to stop the bleeding, but Milton said there was no problem and Monique didn’t go to the hospital.” She later filed a restraining order that led to Bradley’s arrest on a “criminal threats” charge of which he was eventually cleared and is now requesting legal custody of both children.
Following the arrest in January general manager Jack Zduriencik issued a statement saying that Bradley would remain with the Mariners and “is going to come in and compete for a starting position.” It’ll be interesting to see if yet another incident in a seemingly never-ending list of despicable behaviors finally causes the Mariners to become the eighth team to ditch Bradley in 11 seasons.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)