Mar 4, 2011, 9:33 PM EDT
According to the Associated Press, court documents say that MLB’s all-time hit king Pete Rose has filed for divorce from his wife of nearly 27 years. Rose, who turns 70 years old in April, cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.
Rose and his second wife, Carol, were married in 1984. They started dating when Rose was a member of the Phillies and she was a cheerleader for the Eagles.
According to his court filing, Rose wants to be awarded all memorabilia, including jewelry, he acquired before their marriage. He also wants his wife to pay for her own attorney, but is willing to cover spousal support.
You may remember that Rose was very public about his relationship with a much younger woman back in 2009, so I’m going to guess this divorce was a few years in the making.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)