Mar 4, 2011, 9:33 PM EST
According to the Associated Press, court documents say that MLB’s all-time hit king Pete Rose has filed for divorce from his wife of nearly 27 years. Rose, who turns 70 years old in April, cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.
Rose and his second wife, Carol, were married in 1984. They started dating when Rose was a member of the Phillies and she was a cheerleader for the Eagles.
According to his court filing, Rose wants to be awarded all memorabilia, including jewelry, he acquired before their marriage. He also wants his wife to pay for her own attorney, but is willing to cover spousal support.
You may remember that Rose was very public about his relationship with a much younger woman back in 2009, so I’m going to guess this divorce was a few years in the making.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)