Mar 4, 2011, 9:33 PM EST
According to the Associated Press, court documents say that MLB’s all-time hit king Pete Rose has filed for divorce from his wife of nearly 27 years. Rose, who turns 70 years old in April, cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.
Rose and his second wife, Carol, were married in 1984. They started dating when Rose was a member of the Phillies and she was a cheerleader for the Eagles.
According to his court filing, Rose wants to be awarded all memorabilia, including jewelry, he acquired before their marriage. He also wants his wife to pay for her own attorney, but is willing to cover spousal support.
You may remember that Rose was very public about his relationship with a much younger woman back in 2009, so I’m going to guess this divorce was a few years in the making.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)