Mar 4, 2011, 2:04 PM EDT
One of the pictures Charlie Sheen posted on Twitter during his manic media tour showed him wearing Babe Ruth’s 1927 World Series ring, which is part of the Major League star’s extensive collection of baseball memorabilia.
In an effort to learn about the ring’s controversial history–which includes alleged theft and fraud–Deadspin turned to Pete Nash, who’s better known as “Prime Minister Pete Nice” from the 1990s hip-hop group 3rd Bass and is himself both a big baseball fan and memorabilia collector.
And if that isn’t enough to get you to click this link and read Nash’s whole article … well, we probably can’t be friends any more.
Still unresolved? Whether you’ve ever heard of a chef who can’t cook.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17