Mar 4, 2011, 2:04 PM EDT
One of the pictures Charlie Sheen posted on Twitter during his manic media tour showed him wearing Babe Ruth’s 1927 World Series ring, which is part of the Major League star’s extensive collection of baseball memorabilia.
In an effort to learn about the ring’s controversial history–which includes alleged theft and fraud–Deadspin turned to Pete Nash, who’s better known as “Prime Minister Pete Nice” from the 1990s hip-hop group 3rd Bass and is himself both a big baseball fan and memorabilia collector.
And if that isn’t enough to get you to click this link and read Nash’s whole article … well, we probably can’t be friends any more.
Still unresolved? Whether you’ve ever heard of a chef who can’t cook.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)