Mar 4, 2011, 2:04 PM EST
One of the pictures Charlie Sheen posted on Twitter during his manic media tour showed him wearing Babe Ruth’s 1927 World Series ring, which is part of the Major League star’s extensive collection of baseball memorabilia.
In an effort to learn about the ring’s controversial history–which includes alleged theft and fraud–Deadspin turned to Pete Nash, who’s better known as “Prime Minister Pete Nice” from the 1990s hip-hop group 3rd Bass and is himself both a big baseball fan and memorabilia collector.
And if that isn’t enough to get you to click this link and read Nash’s whole article … well, we probably can’t be friends any more.
Still unresolved? Whether you’ve ever heard of a chef who can’t cook.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27