Mar 4, 2011, 2:04 PM EDT
One of the pictures Charlie Sheen posted on Twitter during his manic media tour showed him wearing Babe Ruth’s 1927 World Series ring, which is part of the Major League star’s extensive collection of baseball memorabilia.
In an effort to learn about the ring’s controversial history–which includes alleged theft and fraud–Deadspin turned to Pete Nash, who’s better known as “Prime Minister Pete Nice” from the 1990s hip-hop group 3rd Bass and is himself both a big baseball fan and memorabilia collector.
And if that isn’t enough to get you to click this link and read Nash’s whole article … well, we probably can’t be friends any more.
Still unresolved? Whether you’ve ever heard of a chef who can’t cook.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 1
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 2
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 59
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games