Mar 4, 2011, 2:04 PM EDT
One of the pictures Charlie Sheen posted on Twitter during his manic media tour showed him wearing Babe Ruth’s 1927 World Series ring, which is part of the Major League star’s extensive collection of baseball memorabilia.
In an effort to learn about the ring’s controversial history–which includes alleged theft and fraud–Deadspin turned to Pete Nash, who’s better known as “Prime Minister Pete Nice” from the 1990s hip-hop group 3rd Bass and is himself both a big baseball fan and memorabilia collector.
And if that isn’t enough to get you to click this link and read Nash’s whole article … well, we probably can’t be friends any more.
Still unresolved? Whether you’ve ever heard of a chef who can’t cook.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)