Mar 5, 2011, 11:17 AM EST
Utley has yet to play in a Grapefruit League game due to patellar tendinitis in his right knee. The Phillies hope Utley sees some improvement over the weekend, but Amaro suggested this morning that “perhaps” there’s something more than tendinitis going on. On the bright side, the 32-year-old second baseman was able to participate in batting practice this morning.
It’s much too early to panic, but could this be the first sign that this season won’t go exactly as planned? As they say, that’s why they play the games.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)