Mar 5, 2011, 11:17 AM EDT
Utley has yet to play in a Grapefruit League game due to patellar tendinitis in his right knee. The Phillies hope Utley sees some improvement over the weekend, but Amaro suggested this morning that “perhaps” there’s something more than tendinitis going on. On the bright side, the 32-year-old second baseman was able to participate in batting practice this morning.
It’s much too early to panic, but could this be the first sign that this season won’t go exactly as planned? As they say, that’s why they play the games.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)