Mar 6, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT
Brewers outfielder Corey Hart might not be ready for the start of the 2011 season.
According to Adam McCalvy of MLB.com, the right fielder suffered a setback Saturday with the strained muscle in his left side. He was participating in drills for the first time in a week or so and re-tweaked the muscle while attempting to make a quick turn.
The Brewers thought he’d miss two weeks back when he originally suffered the strain in late February, but now it could be more like three.
Hart spoke Sunday morning with McCalvy and did not come off as optimistic:
“Two weeks would have been nice,” he said. “But I think we definitely might be a little longer. I don’t know any timetable. Those things can last two weeks or a month.”
Mark Kotsay would probably fill in out in right field if Hart isn’t ready for the regular season opener.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)