Mar 6, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
Did I mention that spring training is a bit different than the regular season? I mean, I thought it was neat that some Dodgers players took a shortcut down the concourse at Tempe Diablo Stadium last weekend. Turns out that was nothing: Dustin Pedroia went out onto the concourse at City of Palms Park and bought three hot dogs during Saturday’s game:
“I was hungry,” Pedroia said. “The Red Sox have no food.”
When a staffer offered to get him something, Pedroia said: “I don’t need any help. I’m a grown athlete.”
At least he wasn’t in uniform, which probably would have caused a mob scene.
And I’m guessing that the post game clubhouse spread shows up a bit earlier the next time the Red Sox play.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29