Mar 6, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
Did I mention that spring training is a bit different than the regular season? I mean, I thought it was neat that some Dodgers players took a shortcut down the concourse at Tempe Diablo Stadium last weekend. Turns out that was nothing: Dustin Pedroia went out onto the concourse at City of Palms Park and bought three hot dogs during Saturday’s game:
“I was hungry,” Pedroia said. “The Red Sox have no food.”
When a staffer offered to get him something, Pedroia said: “I don’t need any help. I’m a grown athlete.”
At least he wasn’t in uniform, which probably would have caused a mob scene.
And I’m guessing that the post game clubhouse spread shows up a bit earlier the next time the Red Sox play.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8