Mar 6, 2011, 8:10 AM EST
Did I mention that spring training is a bit different than the regular season? I mean, I thought it was neat that some Dodgers players took a shortcut down the concourse at Tempe Diablo Stadium last weekend. Turns out that was nothing: Dustin Pedroia went out onto the concourse at City of Palms Park and bought three hot dogs during Saturday’s game:
“I was hungry,” Pedroia said. “The Red Sox have no food.”
When a staffer offered to get him something, Pedroia said: “I don’t need any help. I’m a grown athlete.”
At least he wasn’t in uniform, which probably would have caused a mob scene.
And I’m guessing that the post game clubhouse spread shows up a bit earlier the next time the Red Sox play.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)