Mar 6, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
The Rangers got a bit of a scare Sunday morning.
The 22-year-old crumbled to the ground, according to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, and remained there for several minutes while trainers checked on his leg. He eventually got up and walked to a cart on his own.
The Rangers gave him an X-ray that showed no breaks and early indications point to Feliz being just fine.
“I hope it’s not serious,” Texas manager Ron Washington said soon after Feliz left the field. “Pitchers get hit in the shin all the time. When I ran out there, he was laying on the ground, but by the time I got out there, he started to get up.”
Feliz posted a 2.73 ERA, 71/18 K/BB ratio and tallied 40 saves in 43 chances last season in a spectacular rookie campaign. The Rangers are thinking he might be able to become a starter this season and are grooming him as such in camp this spring. He should be over this shin bruise in a couple of days.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17