Mar 6, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
The Rangers got a bit of a scare Sunday morning.
The 22-year-old crumbled to the ground, according to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, and remained there for several minutes while trainers checked on his leg. He eventually got up and walked to a cart on his own.
The Rangers gave him an X-ray that showed no breaks and early indications point to Feliz being just fine.
“I hope it’s not serious,” Texas manager Ron Washington said soon after Feliz left the field. “Pitchers get hit in the shin all the time. When I ran out there, he was laying on the ground, but by the time I got out there, he started to get up.”
Feliz posted a 2.73 ERA, 71/18 K/BB ratio and tallied 40 saves in 43 chances last season in a spectacular rookie campaign. The Rangers are thinking he might be able to become a starter this season and are grooming him as such in camp this spring. He should be over this shin bruise in a couple of days.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 130
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 258
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (258)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)