Mar 7, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
Most of the piece revolves around his $56 million contract and his plans for being comfortable at DH, but there’s also this section about Dunn and his new hitter-friendly home ballpark in Chicago:
Chicago, he said, is his “favorite city.” And U.S. Cellular Field, though he’s never played there oddly enough, is built for him. Though Dunn said you never know how a hitter will do in a particular park. “See, everyone says Colorado and I can’t buy a hit there,” he said.
For some reason Heyman just leaves that comment out there as something resembling fact without following up with Dunn’s actual numbers at Coors Field, which are about as far from “can’t buy a hit there” as possible. Dunn has a .272 batting average and .977 OPS in 29 career games at Coors Field, compared to a .249 batting average and .901 OPS in 1,419 career games everywhere. And all that was available with just a few clicks on Baseball-Reference.com.
UPDATE: Heyman edited the original article to add in a note about Dunn “being too hard on himself, as his .592 slugging percentage at Coors Field would attest.” You can see the original version here. Better late than never, I suppose.
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 35
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 47
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 27
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)