Mar 7, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
The good news? He exited the game without incident, avoiding a fight with anyone in his own dugout for what is now one consecutive game.
Silva, who’s talked about feeling pressure to win a spot in the Cubs’ rotation, has now allowed 14 runs in 3.1 innings this spring. A couple more outings like that and he probably won’t have to worry about the pressure of competing for the job any longer.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)