Mar 7, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
The good news? He exited the game without incident, avoiding a fight with anyone in his own dugout for what is now one consecutive game.
Silva, who’s talked about feeling pressure to win a spot in the Cubs’ rotation, has now allowed 14 runs in 3.1 innings this spring. A couple more outings like that and he probably won’t have to worry about the pressure of competing for the job any longer.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)