Mar 7, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
The good news? He exited the game without incident, avoiding a fight with anyone in his own dugout for what is now one consecutive game.
Silva, who’s talked about feeling pressure to win a spot in the Cubs’ rotation, has now allowed 14 runs in 3.1 innings this spring. A couple more outings like that and he probably won’t have to worry about the pressure of competing for the job any longer.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)