Mar 7, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Chris Carpenter had been hoping to get back on the mound Friday after leaving his start last week with a hamstring injury, but Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that’s now “doubtful” after the former Cy Young winner felt a “twinge” in the hamstring during a bullpen session yesterday.
According to Strauss “the condition has improved, but the Cardinals remain extremely reluctant to push Carpenter” and there’s no official timetable for his return, with manager Tony La Russa indicating that Carpenter could potentially start on Opening Day even if he doesn’t get any further spring training work.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 13
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)