Mar 7, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Chris Carpenter had been hoping to get back on the mound Friday after leaving his start last week with a hamstring injury, but Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that’s now “doubtful” after the former Cy Young winner felt a “twinge” in the hamstring during a bullpen session yesterday.
According to Strauss “the condition has improved, but the Cardinals remain extremely reluctant to push Carpenter” and there’s no official timetable for his return, with manager Tony La Russa indicating that Carpenter could potentially start on Opening Day even if he doesn’t get any further spring training work.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)