Mar 7, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Chris Carpenter had been hoping to get back on the mound Friday after leaving his start last week with a hamstring injury, but Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that’s now “doubtful” after the former Cy Young winner felt a “twinge” in the hamstring during a bullpen session yesterday.
According to Strauss “the condition has improved, but the Cardinals remain extremely reluctant to push Carpenter” and there’s no official timetable for his return, with manager Tony La Russa indicating that Carpenter could potentially start on Opening Day even if he doesn’t get any further spring training work.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 67
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)