Mar 7, 2011, 1:36 PM EST
Or a burger. Or some other beef-product. Larry at IIATMS has the interesting story of Lainer Bueno, beef products and the banned PED Clenbuterol.
I have no idea if Bueno was using a PED intentionally and, given his stature as a player, it probably makes no real difference baseball history regardless. But the uncertainty in fact and dogmatism in practice regarding this particular PED illustrates why some of us are so uncomfortable with casting everyone who has ever tested positive for a PED as a black-hearted cheater and every anti-doping group like WADA as a bunch of white knights.
There’s a bunch we don’t know, folks. And most of us don’t even know we don’t know it.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)