Mar 7, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
Or a burger. Or some other beef-product. Larry at IIATMS has the interesting story of Lainer Bueno, beef products and the banned PED Clenbuterol.
I have no idea if Bueno was using a PED intentionally and, given his stature as a player, it probably makes no real difference baseball history regardless. But the uncertainty in fact and dogmatism in practice regarding this particular PED illustrates why some of us are so uncomfortable with casting everyone who has ever tested positive for a PED as a black-hearted cheater and every anti-doping group like WADA as a bunch of white knights.
There’s a bunch we don’t know, folks. And most of us don’t even know we don’t know it.
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 61
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)