Mar 7, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
Or a burger. Or some other beef-product. Larry at IIATMS has the interesting story of Lainer Bueno, beef products and the banned PED Clenbuterol.
I have no idea if Bueno was using a PED intentionally and, given his stature as a player, it probably makes no real difference baseball history regardless. But the uncertainty in fact and dogmatism in practice regarding this particular PED illustrates why some of us are so uncomfortable with casting everyone who has ever tested positive for a PED as a black-hearted cheater and every anti-doping group like WADA as a bunch of white knights.
There’s a bunch we don’t know, folks. And most of us don’t even know we don’t know it.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 7
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 10
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)