Mar 7, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
Or a burger. Or some other beef-product. Larry at IIATMS has the interesting story of Lainer Bueno, beef products and the banned PED Clenbuterol.
I have no idea if Bueno was using a PED intentionally and, given his stature as a player, it probably makes no real difference baseball history regardless. But the uncertainty in fact and dogmatism in practice regarding this particular PED illustrates why some of us are so uncomfortable with casting everyone who has ever tested positive for a PED as a black-hearted cheater and every anti-doping group like WADA as a bunch of white knights.
There’s a bunch we don’t know, folks. And most of us don’t even know we don’t know it.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 0
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 29
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 20
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)