Mar 7, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
According to manager Ned Yost the shortstop “scratched it and now he’s got red streaks and it’s swollen and warm.”
Yost added that it’s “nothing major” and said Escobar is on antibiotics to clear up the infection, so presumably he’ll be back in the lineup at some point later this week.
No word yet on if the bug in question is of the “bed” variety, and further whether Escobar knew to sleep tight and not let them bite.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)