Mar 7, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
According to manager Ned Yost the shortstop “scratched it and now he’s got red streaks and it’s swollen and warm.”
Yost added that it’s “nothing major” and said Escobar is on antibiotics to clear up the infection, so presumably he’ll be back in the lineup at some point later this week.
No word yet on if the bug in question is of the “bed” variety, and further whether Escobar knew to sleep tight and not let them bite.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40