Mar 7, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Anthony Castrovince is down at Rays’ camp today, and Joe Maddon told him that Manny Ramirez has been “a joy.” And a hard worker too. Maddon gave Manny the day off yesterday, but he showed up anyway and was taking hacks in the batting cage at 8 a.m.
Take that haters.
That is, assuming Manny knew what day it was and that he had the day off. Sorry. Gotta admit that it’s a possibility.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)