Mar 7, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Anthony Castrovince is down at Rays’ camp today, and Joe Maddon told him that Manny Ramirez has been “a joy.” And a hard worker too. Maddon gave Manny the day off yesterday, but he showed up anyway and was taking hacks in the batting cage at 8 a.m.
Take that haters.
That is, assuming Manny knew what day it was and that he had the day off. Sorry. Gotta admit that it’s a possibility.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 28
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 190
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)