Mar 8, 2011, 7:42 PM EDT
It’s one thing to take spring training results too seriously. It’s quite another to care enough to actually fight over them.
That’s what nearly happened in today’s Dodgers-Brewers game, as Casey McGehee took offense to Roman Colon, who celebrated after he struck him out with the bases loaded to end the sixth inning.
“Sometimes, people get excited. I got excited. He got excited. Prince got excited. No big deal.
“We talked about it afterwards. I told him where I was coming from. He told me where he was coming from. We shook hands. I told him I appreciated what he said. There’s a lot more important things to get (mad at) than a spring training game. He’s not going to lose any sleep over it and I’m not going to lose any sleep over it.”
Fortunately no punches were thrown, or Zack Greinke might not have been the only Brewers’ player starting the season on the disabled list for doing something pretty stupid.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)