Mar 8, 2011, 7:42 PM EST
It’s one thing to take spring training results too seriously. It’s quite another to care enough to actually fight over them.
That’s what nearly happened in today’s Dodgers-Brewers game, as Casey McGehee took offense to Roman Colon, who celebrated after he struck him out with the bases loaded to end the sixth inning.
“Sometimes, people get excited. I got excited. He got excited. Prince got excited. No big deal.
“We talked about it afterwards. I told him where I was coming from. He told me where he was coming from. We shook hands. I told him I appreciated what he said. There’s a lot more important things to get (mad at) than a spring training game. He’s not going to lose any sleep over it and I’m not going to lose any sleep over it.”
Fortunately no punches were thrown, or Zack Greinke might not have been the only Brewers’ player starting the season on the disabled list for doing something pretty stupid.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)