Mar 8, 2011, 7:42 PM EDT
It’s one thing to take spring training results too seriously. It’s quite another to care enough to actually fight over them.
That’s what nearly happened in today’s Dodgers-Brewers game, as Casey McGehee took offense to Roman Colon, who celebrated after he struck him out with the bases loaded to end the sixth inning.
“Sometimes, people get excited. I got excited. He got excited. Prince got excited. No big deal.
“We talked about it afterwards. I told him where I was coming from. He told me where he was coming from. We shook hands. I told him I appreciated what he said. There’s a lot more important things to get (mad at) than a spring training game. He’s not going to lose any sleep over it and I’m not going to lose any sleep over it.”
Fortunately no punches were thrown, or Zack Greinke might not have been the only Brewers’ player starting the season on the disabled list for doing something pretty stupid.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 16
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 1
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)