Carlos Silva is calmed by … Carlos Zambrano

Mar 8, 2011, 5:30 PM EST

Carlos Zambrano

Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times gives us a real man-bites-dog story today: Carlos Zambrano compassionately helping a teammate through a rough emotional time:

“Right after I finished pitching, I texted Zambrano, and I was telling him, ‘Man, I don’t know what’s going on,’  ” Silva said. “What he told me in the text was, ‘You just need to forget everything, go out there and pitch and do your thing. You know how to pitch, you did it before, so why can’t you do it again?’ It’s true.’’

Carlos Zambrano: the voice of reason.  I like it!

Now excuse me as I tag this post so I can quickly call it up again come May when Zambrano has a meltdown of his own.

1. Utley's Hair - Mar 8, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Isn’t that one of the signs of the Apocalypse?

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Mar 8, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Signing Cliff Lee was the sign our impending doom, it had nothing to do with THE BROTHERS CARLOS.

• Utley's Hair - Mar 8, 2011 at 5:59 PM

If by “our,” you mean the Braves, then I totally agree. :P

2. yankeesfanlen - Mar 8, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Whatever happened to those tags? They were much better than this blase thumbs up thing that we have to deal with now.

• Utley's Hair - Mar 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Thumbs down for you!!!!!!!

• Alex K - Mar 9, 2011 at 5:55 AM

YES!!!!!!!!!!! Bring back the tags!

3. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - Mar 8, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Maybe months of anger management taught him something…or all that time sitting on his duff on the bullpen bench…

4. BC - Mar 9, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Maybe Zambrano is sharing some of his meds with Silva.

5. trevorb06 - Mar 9, 2011 at 9:48 AM

No way?! What’s next, am I going to see an article titled, ‘Elderly woman helped across street by… Milton Bradley’

6. gmsingh - Mar 9, 2011 at 11:36 AM

I hear they’re both big Charlie Sheen fans.

7. spudchukar - Mar 9, 2011 at 5:31 PM

…and in related news, Lindsey Lohan phoned Charlie Sheen with advise on how to handle his ongoing issues…

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (4557)
  2. M. Kemp (3648)
  3. M. Cabrera (2875)
  4. M. Morse (2566)
  5. J. Kang (2566)
  1. J. Upton (2481)
  2. A. Rios (2197)
  3. C. Headley (2163)
  4. W. Middlebrooks (2084)
  5. J. Peavy (1853)