Mar 8, 2011, 11:03 AM EDT
About a year ago Kendry Morales left his agents the Hendricks brothers and joined in with Scott Boras. It came out soon after that there were allegations of financial impropriety. The allegation: that Hendricks employee Rodney Fernandez swiped hundreds of thousands of dollars from Morales’ account.
Fernandez denied it at the time and pointed a finger at the Hendricks brothers themselves. The cops, however, didn’t buy it because today Melissa Segura reports that Fernandez has been charged with grand theft for stealing from Morales. Oops.
It was a bad year for the Hendricks brothers. That theft stuff and the loss of Morales as a client came right after they got sued by Aroldis Chapman‘s first agent for some sort of client-stealing nonsense. Or maybe it was real sense; I have no idea; the point is that it’s not fun getting sued and being connected to client theft allegations regardless of whether you were involved or not.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 47
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 81
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 51
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)