Mar 8, 2011, 11:03 AM EDT
About a year ago Kendry Morales left his agents the Hendricks brothers and joined in with Scott Boras. It came out soon after that there were allegations of financial impropriety. The allegation: that Hendricks employee Rodney Fernandez swiped hundreds of thousands of dollars from Morales’ account.
Fernandez denied it at the time and pointed a finger at the Hendricks brothers themselves. The cops, however, didn’t buy it because today Melissa Segura reports that Fernandez has been charged with grand theft for stealing from Morales. Oops.
It was a bad year for the Hendricks brothers. That theft stuff and the loss of Morales as a client came right after they got sued by Aroldis Chapman‘s first agent for some sort of client-stealing nonsense. Or maybe it was real sense; I have no idea; the point is that it’s not fun getting sued and being connected to client theft allegations regardless of whether you were involved or not.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?