Mar 8, 2011, 11:03 AM EST
About a year ago Kendry Morales left his agents the Hendricks brothers and joined in with Scott Boras. It came out soon after that there were allegations of financial impropriety. The allegation: that Hendricks employee Rodney Fernandez swiped hundreds of thousands of dollars from Morales’ account.
Fernandez denied it at the time and pointed a finger at the Hendricks brothers themselves. The cops, however, didn’t buy it because today Melissa Segura reports that Fernandez has been charged with grand theft for stealing from Morales. Oops.
It was a bad year for the Hendricks brothers. That theft stuff and the loss of Morales as a client came right after they got sued by Aroldis Chapman‘s first agent for some sort of client-stealing nonsense. Or maybe it was real sense; I have no idea; the point is that it’s not fun getting sued and being connected to client theft allegations regardless of whether you were involved or not.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)