Mar 8, 2011, 11:03 AM EST
About a year ago Kendry Morales left his agents the Hendricks brothers and joined in with Scott Boras. It came out soon after that there were allegations of financial impropriety. The allegation: that Hendricks employee Rodney Fernandez swiped hundreds of thousands of dollars from Morales’ account.
Fernandez denied it at the time and pointed a finger at the Hendricks brothers themselves. The cops, however, didn’t buy it because today Melissa Segura reports that Fernandez has been charged with grand theft for stealing from Morales. Oops.
It was a bad year for the Hendricks brothers. That theft stuff and the loss of Morales as a client came right after they got sued by Aroldis Chapman‘s first agent for some sort of client-stealing nonsense. Or maybe it was real sense; I have no idea; the point is that it’s not fun getting sued and being connected to client theft allegations regardless of whether you were involved or not.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)