Mar 8, 2011, 11:03 AM EDT
About a year ago Kendry Morales left his agents the Hendricks brothers and joined in with Scott Boras. It came out soon after that there were allegations of financial impropriety. The allegation: that Hendricks employee Rodney Fernandez swiped hundreds of thousands of dollars from Morales’ account.
Fernandez denied it at the time and pointed a finger at the Hendricks brothers themselves. The cops, however, didn’t buy it because today Melissa Segura reports that Fernandez has been charged with grand theft for stealing from Morales. Oops.
It was a bad year for the Hendricks brothers. That theft stuff and the loss of Morales as a client came right after they got sued by Aroldis Chapman‘s first agent for some sort of client-stealing nonsense. Or maybe it was real sense; I have no idea; the point is that it’s not fun getting sued and being connected to client theft allegations regardless of whether you were involved or not.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 333
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 45
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (335)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)