Video: If you didn’t think Lenny Dykstra could get more pathetic

Mar 8, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT

It’s one thing to see Lenny Dykstra make a disgrace of himself just going about his daily business, but doing so by giving an obviously inebriated interview in which he says that Mitch Williams “doesn’t get it” because, I dunno, he didn’t commit suicide after the 1993 World Series or something is a new low.

I’d say this was sad, but that adjective is usually not applied to those for whom we have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever.

1. BC - Mar 8, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Lenny should hang out with Charlie Sheen for a while so he can get himself straightened out.

• Old Gator - Mar 8, 2011 at 12:16 PM

But what if you did think Lenny Dykstra could get more pathetic?

• Utley's Hair - Mar 8, 2011 at 1:00 PM

It’s becoming apparent with Dykstra that there is no such thing as rock bottom.

• BC - Mar 8, 2011 at 1:59 PM

But is he WINNING?

• Utley's Hair - Mar 8, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Duh.

• Utley's Hair - Mar 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Nails looked like he WAS hanging out with Charlie Sheen—on Mars—during the interview.

Dykstra never was warm and fuzzy, but it’s just sad to see the trainwreck that he has become.

• professor59 - Mar 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Um, actually Dykstra IS hanging out with Charlie Sheen. They are pals, and Dykstra often stays at Sheen’s house.

• Utley's Hair - Mar 8, 2011 at 1:49 PM

(Psst…hey, professor…BC was being sarcastic.)

• jeffa43 - Mar 8, 2011 at 6:13 PM

If you did not know…. This past week Sheen and Dykstra had a party together… no joke, Dan Patrick spoke about it in length …

2. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Mar 8, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Lenny Dykstra is a _________________!

3. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Mar 8, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Douchenozzle (no. 3 on my 2011 douchenozzle list). Congrats Dykstra!!!

• Jonny 5 - Mar 8, 2011 at 12:00 PM

1 &2 are????

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Mar 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM

C’mon J5, keep track! Actually, it’s in no particular order, but if it were, Dykstra is the current number one. I add them chronologically, so here we are:

1. Luke Scott
        2. Hank Steinbrenner
        3. Lenny Dykstra

It is going to be a tough list to crack this year. I won’t be throwing around douchenozzle for just anyone like I did last season. No sir, that nozzle must prove he or she is douche worthy. The only criteria is that you must be related in some way to baseball (watch out Fiorentino, this could include you) and, well, you must also show douchenozzleness within this calendar year.

• Jonny 5 - Mar 8, 2011 at 1:26 PM

LMAO!!!!

4. uyf1950 - Mar 8, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Why do they continue to give this guy a forum?

• larryhockett - Mar 8, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Because he’s a former National League MVP and now he’s a trainwreck. There’s nothing the public eats up more than a “how the mighty have fallen” story.

5. Old Gator - Mar 8, 2011 at 12:10 PM

That jacket….well, at least now I know who stole my security blanket when I was three years old.

• Utley's Hair - Mar 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Wow,,,that is a sad security blanket, Gator. Didn’t your mother love you?

• hasbeen5 - Mar 8, 2011 at 1:00 PM

I think we agree on something here. I know he’s drunk, but even so, who the hell could look at that jacket and think it would improve their appearance?

6. Innocent Bystander - Mar 8, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Between Lenny and Curt Schilling, Mitch is probably the most cursed teammate in baseball history. Heck, Curt was showing him up during the game. Are the ’93 Phils the only team that dumps on a closer for blowing a playoff game like this? Do the ’06 A’s hate on Huston Street like this? ’05 Braves, Joey Devine? ’04 Angels, Jarrod Washburn? etc., etc. And by the way, I like Mitch because he is really good on MLB Network (I know, I was surprised too).

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Mar 8, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Who’s Joey Devine? Oh wait, I just answered your question.

7. paperlions - Mar 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Yeah, I’m sure Lenny kept in touch with all of his former teammates…if by “kept in touch” he meant “tried to borrow money from”.

8. cur68 - Mar 8, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Mitch and the guy who hit that homer in 93, Joe Carter of my boys the Blue Jays, actually get along with each other real well. This goes to show that Mitch is a decent person and being disliked/hated by that oaf Dykstra is actually a nod in Mitch’s favor as such. God help you if Dykstra considers you a friend.

• Utley's Hair - Mar 8, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Mitch is just keeping his enemies closer than his friends. Josephine Carter is the bane of his existence.

• cur68 - Mar 8, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Joe Carter could de-grease Chase Utley with one batting glove on and the other hand tied behind his back, so there! Never insult the man whom I named my dog after.

• Utley's Hair - Mar 8, 2011 at 2:50 PM

My apologies to your dog—he obviously has a big enough problem being named after Josephine Carter.

• cur68 - Mar 8, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Even Josephine Carter could de-grease Chase Utley with one hand. And my dog, Carter, would pown him, too. Joe Carter is a baseball GOD, a titan, a monolith. A veritable leviathan. Chase Utley is pie. Pecan. ‘Cause he’s nuts.

• Jonny 5 - Mar 8, 2011 at 3:22 PM

You!! How dare you speak such trash onto Utley?? Leave chase alone!!!!!!! Or not. But Joe Carter totally sucked, and he got lucky with old Mitchy poo there, who also kinda sucked more than Carter on that terrible day, the day that Canadians took the trophy north of the border. I still feel the vomit ready to spew forth at the mere thought of it all. Good thing we won’t need to worry about that for like another 20 years huh?? :P

• Utley's Hair - Mar 8, 2011 at 3:25 PM

You leave Chase’s nuts alone.

• cur68 - Mar 8, 2011 at 3:45 PM

OOOO! You just wait…aaarrrggggg….so…angry….so…very….ANGRY….aaaarg! Now… Hulk… SMASH! Its bad enough you lot stole our best pitcher off us, do not besmirch our consecutive World Series wins off of WAY better teams (The Might Braves and those Dykstra loving punks, the Philthies, HA HA!) than the 2 the Philthy’s have won theirs off of (the Rays and the Royals). The trophy will be making its way northward before long and not even the philthy gods of Dykstra will be able to deny the mighty beaver loving Blue Jays from making that happen. I’m setting my Roy Halliday bobble head on the floor and ordering Carter to piddle on it even as I type. He’s a good boy, yes he is…

• Jonny 5 - Mar 8, 2011 at 4:03 PM

No, don’t make your dog pee on bobblehead Roy. I take it all back. I’m sorry…. Joe Carter is a (excuse me, rooooowwwwlllffff) a God. anyone have a mint?

• Utley's Hair - Mar 8, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Wait a minute…Lenny? Is that you? Or is it Charlie?

9. xmatt0926x - Mar 8, 2011 at 2:14 PM

You know what the scary part is?? He’s actually more understandable and clean looking in this interview than he is in most of his interviews. In most of his interviews you can’t understand a word he is saying. ESPN had a great piece on him about 2 years back detailing how his whole slide came about and all the people he ripped off, including his own mother.

10. dexterismyhero - Mar 8, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Roid user turned fat boy……..There ya go Nails………..

11. aronmantoo - Mar 8, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Is he stoned again?

12. dirtyharry1971 - Mar 15, 2011 at 1:01 AM

craig’s columns keep getting more pathetic so why not lenny? i mean think about it

When home-field advantage isn't so
  1. T. Lincecum (3208)