Mar 8, 2011, 6:13 PM EST
Awful news out of Brewers’ camp this afternoon.
You may remember that Greinke had his initial bullpen session this spring pushed back by a ribcage contusion, which he said at the time was the result of an off the field incident. Today he admitted that he suffered the injury while going up for a rebound playing basketball.
According to Rosenthal, a recent MRI on the ribcage area revealed one bruised rib and one hairline fracture. The bone will take 4-6 weeks to heal, which puts him on pace to miss at least the first couple weeks of the season. This might prove to be a very minor issue, but Greinke’s tenure in Milwaukee is off to a very dubious start.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)