Mar 8, 2011, 6:13 PM EDT
Awful news out of Brewers’ camp this afternoon.
You may remember that Greinke had his initial bullpen session this spring pushed back by a ribcage contusion, which he said at the time was the result of an off the field incident. Today he admitted that he suffered the injury while going up for a rebound playing basketball.
According to Rosenthal, a recent MRI on the ribcage area revealed one bruised rib and one hairline fracture. The bone will take 4-6 weeks to heal, which puts him on pace to miss at least the first couple weeks of the season. This might prove to be a very minor issue, but Greinke’s tenure in Milwaukee is off to a very dubious start.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)