Mar 8, 2011, 6:13 PM EDT
Awful news out of Brewers’ camp this afternoon.
You may remember that Greinke had his initial bullpen session this spring pushed back by a ribcage contusion, which he said at the time was the result of an off the field incident. Today he admitted that he suffered the injury while going up for a rebound playing basketball.
According to Rosenthal, a recent MRI on the ribcage area revealed one bruised rib and one hairline fracture. The bone will take 4-6 weeks to heal, which puts him on pace to miss at least the first couple weeks of the season. This might prove to be a very minor issue, but Greinke’s tenure in Milwaukee is off to a very dubious start.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)