Mar 8, 2011, 6:13 PM EST
Awful news out of Brewers’ camp this afternoon.
You may remember that Greinke had his initial bullpen session this spring pushed back by a ribcage contusion, which he said at the time was the result of an off the field incident. Today he admitted that he suffered the injury while going up for a rebound playing basketball.
According to Rosenthal, a recent MRI on the ribcage area revealed one bruised rib and one hairline fracture. The bone will take 4-6 weeks to heal, which puts him on pace to miss at least the first couple weeks of the season. This might prove to be a very minor issue, but Greinke’s tenure in Milwaukee is off to a very dubious start.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 3
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 76
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (76)