Mar 9, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
Kendry Morales revealed today that his actual name is Kendrys Morales–with an extra “S” in the first name–which means everyone has been spelling his name wrong for at least seven years.
That seems like sort of a long time to let that type of thing go unchanged, but according to Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times “he just never bothered to correct it” when the “S” was left off the contract he signed with Angels in 2004.
Or as Morales put it today: “No, no, no, no, no. They’ve been spelling it wrong.”
In fairness, “they” would have been happy to stop “spelling it wrong” had anyone told them. Whatever his name is, his status for Opening Day remains uncertain as he comes back from last season’s broken leg.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)