Mar 9, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Kendry Morales revealed today that his actual name is Kendrys Morales–with an extra “S” in the first name–which means everyone has been spelling his name wrong for at least seven years.
That seems like sort of a long time to let that type of thing go unchanged, but according to Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times “he just never bothered to correct it” when the “S” was left off the contract he signed with Angels in 2004.
Or as Morales put it today: “No, no, no, no, no. They’ve been spelling it wrong.”
In fairness, “they” would have been happy to stop “spelling it wrong” had anyone told them. Whatever his name is, his status for Opening Day remains uncertain as he comes back from last season’s broken leg.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)