Mar 9, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Kendry Morales revealed today that his actual name is Kendrys Morales–with an extra “S” in the first name–which means everyone has been spelling his name wrong for at least seven years.
That seems like sort of a long time to let that type of thing go unchanged, but according to Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times “he just never bothered to correct it” when the “S” was left off the contract he signed with Angels in 2004.
Or as Morales put it today: “No, no, no, no, no. They’ve been spelling it wrong.”
In fairness, “they” would have been happy to stop “spelling it wrong” had anyone told them. Whatever his name is, his status for Opening Day remains uncertain as he comes back from last season’s broken leg.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 43
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 86
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 92
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (95)