Mar 9, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Kendry Morales revealed today that his actual name is Kendrys Morales–with an extra “S” in the first name–which means everyone has been spelling his name wrong for at least seven years.
That seems like sort of a long time to let that type of thing go unchanged, but according to Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times “he just never bothered to correct it” when the “S” was left off the contract he signed with Angels in 2004.
Or as Morales put it today: “No, no, no, no, no. They’ve been spelling it wrong.”
In fairness, “they” would have been happy to stop “spelling it wrong” had anyone told them. Whatever his name is, his status for Opening Day remains uncertain as he comes back from last season’s broken leg.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 96
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 71
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 44
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (98)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)