Mar 9, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Kendry Morales revealed today that his actual name is Kendrys Morales–with an extra “S” in the first name–which means everyone has been spelling his name wrong for at least seven years.
That seems like sort of a long time to let that type of thing go unchanged, but according to Kevin Baxter of the Los Angeles Times “he just never bothered to correct it” when the “S” was left off the contract he signed with Angels in 2004.
Or as Morales put it today: “No, no, no, no, no. They’ve been spelling it wrong.”
In fairness, “they” would have been happy to stop “spelling it wrong” had anyone told them. Whatever his name is, his status for Opening Day remains uncertain as he comes back from last season’s broken leg.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)