Mar 9, 2011, 10:48 AM EDT
Pelfrey, himself a new father, asked Tankersley’s wife Lauren when she is due.
“Due with what?” she deadpanned.
Said Pelfrey: “My heart skipped a beat.”
Rubin notes that she’s actually due to give birth Friday, but I’m guessing that’ll be the last time Pelfrey assumes a woman is pregnant. Generally something to avoid. Unless you’re Larry David, in which case hijinks will ensue and it’ll be funny.
Also of note from Rubin’s story:
The family has picked the name Huck for their soon-to-be-born son. The reason: It’s the name of country star Brad Paisley’s son, and Tankersley is into music.
“Mommy, why did you name me Huck?”
“Because your daddy “is into music.’”
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)