Mar 9, 2011, 10:48 AM EST
Pelfrey, himself a new father, asked Tankersley’s wife Lauren when she is due.
“Due with what?” she deadpanned.
Said Pelfrey: “My heart skipped a beat.”
Rubin notes that she’s actually due to give birth Friday, but I’m guessing that’ll be the last time Pelfrey assumes a woman is pregnant. Generally something to avoid. Unless you’re Larry David, in which case hijinks will ensue and it’ll be funny.
Also of note from Rubin’s story:
The family has picked the name Huck for their soon-to-be-born son. The reason: It’s the name of country star Brad Paisley’s son, and Tankersley is into music.
“Mommy, why did you name me Huck?”
“Because your daddy “is into music.'”
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)