Mar 9, 2011, 10:48 AM EDT
Pelfrey, himself a new father, asked Tankersley’s wife Lauren when she is due.
“Due with what?” she deadpanned.
Said Pelfrey: “My heart skipped a beat.”
Rubin notes that she’s actually due to give birth Friday, but I’m guessing that’ll be the last time Pelfrey assumes a woman is pregnant. Generally something to avoid. Unless you’re Larry David, in which case hijinks will ensue and it’ll be funny.
Also of note from Rubin’s story:
The family has picked the name Huck for their soon-to-be-born son. The reason: It’s the name of country star Brad Paisley’s son, and Tankersley is into music.
“Mommy, why did you name me Huck?”
“Because your daddy “is into music.’”
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)