Mar 9, 2011, 10:48 AM EDT
Pelfrey, himself a new father, asked Tankersley’s wife Lauren when she is due.
“Due with what?” she deadpanned.
Said Pelfrey: “My heart skipped a beat.”
Rubin notes that she’s actually due to give birth Friday, but I’m guessing that’ll be the last time Pelfrey assumes a woman is pregnant. Generally something to avoid. Unless you’re Larry David, in which case hijinks will ensue and it’ll be funny.
Also of note from Rubin’s story:
The family has picked the name Huck for their soon-to-be-born son. The reason: It’s the name of country star Brad Paisley’s son, and Tankersley is into music.
“Mommy, why did you name me Huck?”
“Because your daddy “is into music.'”
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 13
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 15
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)