Mar 9, 2011, 10:48 AM EST
Pelfrey, himself a new father, asked Tankersley’s wife Lauren when she is due.
“Due with what?” she deadpanned.
Said Pelfrey: “My heart skipped a beat.”
Rubin notes that she’s actually due to give birth Friday, but I’m guessing that’ll be the last time Pelfrey assumes a woman is pregnant. Generally something to avoid. Unless you’re Larry David, in which case hijinks will ensue and it’ll be funny.
Also of note from Rubin’s story:
The family has picked the name Huck for their soon-to-be-born son. The reason: It’s the name of country star Brad Paisley’s son, and Tankersley is into music.
“Mommy, why did you name me Huck?”
“Because your daddy “is into music.'”
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 51
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 36
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)