Mar 9, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
Here’s the latest “Quote of the Day” winner from manager/quote machine Ozzie Guillen:
I’m the Charlie Sheen of baseball, but without drugs and a prostitute.
Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports provides a bit more context for the quote, noting that Guillen “was talking about the double-standard with him,” but it stands on its own pretty well too.
Ozzie, of course, sticks to Jell-O.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 5
- What Bryan Price’s rant was really all about 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 32
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)